Activity › Forums › Subforums › Madden › Madden 20 Tips, Tricks, and Cheats › Madden 20 Franchise Mode Tips, Tricks, and Cheats › Madden 20 Trading Tips, Tricks, and Cheats › How to Get ANY Defensive Tackle (DT) in Madden 20
- AdministratorJuly 31, 2020 at 5:18 PM
Trading for defensive tackles (DT) is a complete headache and the SAR or SAT has not seemed to work for that position. We have created a video on it here but we are also going to write about the method for those who would rather follow the steps via text. They used to be on the Madden 20 impossible to trade for list until Dodds found a workaround. Now we got the SAR to work for DTs just as we found a way for WR. If you would like to check out the WR method then click here. Now, let’s get to the method.
Before you Start:
You can choose any team you would like, it does not matter. The first thing you will want to do is make sure you are starting out in custom roster (updated roster) as explained above. If you see the imported roster at 3023 then you are using the correct roster. You could also use Real-Life Roster but the method may or may not be the same.
If you do not start out in the preseason then it is harder to predict or gameplan because your franchise will be different as the preseason is simulated. All teams will start out with the same team needs as well and that will change if you are not in the preseason. Also, starting in the preseason will give you the opportunity to stack your team for the regular season where this method will work. You can utilize the available free agents, such as Antonio Brown. If you aren’t then you will have to tweak a few things for it to work.
We would recommend turning injury off just to get the trades to go through. If the key player is injured then you will not be able to utilize them.
Check the Roster Protection settings via the league settings and turn the minimum roster size off. If you are not the league commissioner and this method does not work then he or she could have set those settings to the point where the SAR/SAT will not work.
Rember that you should pick up players on the free agency who you are going to trade away if you can.
Keep in mind that the SAR/SAT is going to evolve throughout the season because of the player’s increase or decrease in overall.
You must have a point man. A point man is one player who will get the trade to go through, so 67 overall is the cutoff for a point man but 68 overall and above is more effective. Once you have that point man then the overall should not matter for the other two players.
When using draft picks in trades make sure to always start with next year’s picks instead of the current year.
Follow this system created by pro gamers and you will rule your franchise.
Make sure to respect other user’s league rules.
First, as explained above, you will want to start out in the preseason to make all of the moves we are going to go into below. If you are coming to this method while you are in the regular season already then you may have to make some adjustments to this method but it could still work for you. One reason it would not work or it would be harder is because of an overall change to the key player.
- The first thing you are going to do is pick up 3 DTs from the free agency. Remember the point man as explained in the “before you start” section above. You should also pick up the halfback (HB) Jeremy Hill as well.
- Simulate to the regular season then head to the Chiefs to pick up the secret, key DT. His name is Derrick Nnadi and he is a 78 overall in the preseason and may jump one or two in overall when you simulate to the regular season. This is not an issue, however. If you want Chris Jones then all you have to do from here is send the Chiefs the 3 DTs you picked up and the Chiefs will drop Jones. If you would like a different DT then continue reading.
- To trade for Nnadi you will need to utilize the free agency. You could also use players on your team but then it will not be completely free to your franchise. Center (C) is on their team needs so we would recommend picking up left tackle, Donald Penn, from the free agency and switch his position to a C. Or you could use a 72-77 overall C who shows green interest. If you add on a 68-72 overall yellow interest HB – Jeremy Hill works perfectly in this case – then make sure to ask for picks back because the trade will most likely go through. If it doesn’t then just add on a 6th-7th round pick of next year. Teams trade differently with other teams so you may have to tweak certain things a bit. Always keep in mind utilizing their team needs.
- Once you have Nnadi on your team then you can head to any team that has your DT and trade Nnadi to that team. For example, you could head over to the Eagles, trade them Nnadi, then wave trade them the three DTs you picked up from the free agency. The Eagles have now dropped Fletcher Cox. Nnadi is the key player to use to get you any DT you want.
You now have the tools to get yourself any DT in Madden 20. This Madden 20 trade cheat (if you want to call it that) or trade tip is a way to make your franchise more interesting. If you do not agree with this method then you can simply give the team who has the DT you want players and/or draft picks that you think is fair for that DT.
You could also start a competitive franchise and integrate our SAR and SAT methods to make things more interesting. This may be a nice change of pace for Madden and will add variety to your Madden lifestyle.
If you have any questions then do not hesitate to get in touch with us in the comments below!
Here is the method in a video. Make sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel for more Madden tips and tricks. We will be doing a lot of franchise tips for Madden 21, so you will not want to miss any of those videos.