- AdministratorNovember 22, 2019 at 8:33 PM
T4G’s Complete Lamar Jackson Profile
If you would like to support the work we put into this and keep this content free then you can become a Patron! Even a dollar can go a long way and it is always very much appreciated. We will also give all of our Patrons credit by labeling your profile (if you’re registered with the site) as a Patron and your name will be listed on our website.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by replying to this topic. You can also get any update alerts by favoriting this topic. We are working on the ability to personally help your team if you have any cap issues, issues with certain positions, or if you just need overall solid upkeep advice. This will be updated when we have put everything together.
- We, T4G, created all of the information below in a Real-Life Roster via Online Mode. Some of the tips below, such as how to trade for Lamar Jackson, will be mainly for the regular season week one. Some information can be used in a fantasy draft, however, the trade and contract will be different (safer to assume). For users who are in Offline Mode, most information will be relevant, however, the trade may be slightly different.
Player Name/Position/Size: Lamar Jackson, QB, 6’2″, 212 Ibs
Development/X-Factor Ability: Superstar
Lamar Jackson’s X-Factor Activation Tips: N/A
Lamar Jackson’s Archetype: Scrambler
Lamar Jackson’s Scheme Fit(s): Anything with Scrambler or Improviser
Lamar Jackson’s Position Switches: Could be switched to HB but he will fumble too much so we would not suggest it.
Trait Grade: A+. His Traits are great for a young QB.
Average Regression Age:
Average Retire Age:
Lamar Jackson Trade Guide:
Realistic Trade Value (User to User): 1st round pick of the current year in the top 10.
How to Trade for Lamar Jackson in Madden 20: You can trade for Lamar Jackson in two different ways using the Stack and Release (SAR) and the Stack and Trade (SAT) if you cannot Madden 20 trade glitch.
- To get him with the SAR you need to trade for Drew Brees. Once you trade for Brees, you then need to trade Brees to the Ravens. Important: make sure you are in the regular season in order to get the SAR to work. You can typically get a 2nd round pick of next year from the Ravens for Brees, but you might have to add some late-round picks on top of Brees. Once Brees is on the Ravens you will then go pick up the top 3 QBs on the Free Agency and trade them to the Ravens for a late-round pick and they will cut both Drew Brees and Lamar Jackson. You can now find them on the Free Agency, so move quickly so another user doesn’t steal them from you.
- If you cannot trade glitch, then you trade for him using the SAT. To use the SAT to get Jackson you need to trade for Aaron Rodgers. Once you have Rodgers, you need to trade him to the Ravens (you can get the same as you can for Brees). Once Aaron Rodgers is on the Ravens, Jackson will now become tradeable. Then, trade the Ravens a high-interest (green) LG and a 3rd to a 5th round pick of the current year. Make sure to get greedy and ask for picks back. Enjoy Lamar Jackson!
Player Trade Away Value (CPU): 1st round pick of next year along with a 3rd to a 5th extra pick.
Lamar Jackson Contract Guide:
Contract Grade: A+. Simple cheap rookie contract.
Contract: Len – 4yrs, Rem – 3yrs, Total – $9.46m, Savings – $910k, Penalty – $3.72m.
Contract Tips: Make sure you cut him out of his rookie contract whether you traded for him or not. If you did not trade for him, his penalty is only $3.72m so cutting him is not a big deal. By cutting him right off the bat, you will be able to upgrade him sooner rather than wait three years (when his rookie contract is up). You will be grateful you cut him because you will re-sign him for dirt cheap and he will be a high-overall for you. So make sure to hold onto his XP points for the 1st year until after you re-sign him, then open the flood gates! Note: If you go through his rookie contract he will cost you around $190m unless you keep all of his XP points, but who wants to do that? If you do not upgrade him and release him out of his rookie contract make sure to negotiate right after the Superbowl is advanced. He will ask for a “fair offer” of a 5-year deal for $123m to $126m. He will likely sign that “fair offer” but it really isn’t saving you any money. Cheaper is better and you can get him cheaper by letting him go to the Offseason Free Agency Signing period, just be careful if you have other users in your league. Usually, there are not a lot of teams bidding on him and when they do their points are low, so you will want to offer him a deal to sign him in the 1st week. We offered him a $550k Salary and $12m Signing Bonus for 7 years with a total of $87.9m and 71 points. Make sure you have about 5 points higher than the 2nd highest bidding team. He accepted it 5 out of 5 times.
However, if you find yourself at the end of Jackson’s rookie contract then you are in luck! He will want around $190m, which is definitely bad news. To be more frugal and save your franchise from having to be restarted or grabbing a new QB, follow the steps we provide.
- Head to the playoffs.
- Once you are to the Superbowl, cut Lamar Jackson.
- Head to the Free Agency and pick him up immediately. He will resign with you for around $16m for one year.
- The system will act like Jackson needs to be resigned, however, the negotiations will be locked and will say, “Negotiate Week 7” or something along those lines. Do not worry, he will still be on your team for that one-year deal.
- Repeat this process every year for however long you would like to keep him.
- Save money and enjoy!
Lamar Jackson’s Upgrade Guide: Look to make him a better passer and more of a balanced QB, he will be very deadly.
Lamar Jackson’s Gameplay Tips: Utilize his running ability but be very careful taking hits. Avoid them if possible because he fumbles easy.
Lamar Jackson’s Rebuild Grade: A+. You can do so much with Lamar Jackson. He gives you the ability to have a good QB for a lot cheaper, while also giving you the ability to get basically any QB you want.
Lamar Jackson’s MUT Cards:
- MemberDecember 5, 2019 at 6:54 AM
So I was able to trade for Lamar Jackson early on and never released him and resigned him for cheap like the video suggest and now he wants 236 million. Is there a way to sign him for cheaper? If I release him and pick him back up and wait till the last chance to resign my guys would he sign for less?
- AdministratorDecember 5, 2019 at 11:27 AM
Yeah, he wants a lot of money. Madden should make a trait where a good player will sacrifice some of their pay for the team. How did that resign method work out for you?
- MemberDecember 5, 2019 at 11:49 AM
Haven’t tried yet. I’ll let you know once I get to that point. Thanks again!
- MemberDecember 5, 2019 at 6:58 AM
Just saw your updated profile on him. Appreciate it!
Log in to reply.