Madden 19 Free Agency Challenge
- February 1, 2019 at 4:56 PM #14015
Let’s see who can win the Super Bowl in their first year.
- Do nothing during your first year besides simming to the offseason. You can choose any team or create your own – either way, all of the rules still apply.
- Then, during the offseason, cut all of your players.
- Pick up strictly Free Agent players. NOTE: You can never sign free-agency players off of the free agency signing period in any offseason.
- The only time you can pick up players is in the draft and the free agency, only in the preseason and the regular season.
- Play in All-Madden.
- You can use your draft picks to draft new players.
- You can move any player’s positions around freely.
- Have fun and post your season stats or anything else below.
Any questions just let us know! Feed the Pig and win the damn SMEEGE!
- This topic was modified 5 days, 7 hours ago by Tips4Gamers. Reason: Updated the Rules
- February 4, 2019 at 2:33 PM #14062
I am trying this but don’t think I am going to do so hot. Any playbooks I should be using?
- February 4, 2019 at 4:19 PM #14100
I might give this a shot.
- February 5, 2019 at 3:22 PM #14105
This is so hard.
- February 5, 2019 at 7:03 PM #14106
I won my first game by 3 haha t was painfully hard. next week I plan on winning by 60
- February 6, 2019 at 6:33 PM #14119
Remember to use easy plays for your QB if he is not very good, which chances are he won’t be. Run an easy offense that is not hard for you or your players to run, nothing too fancy.
- February 7, 2019 at 5:05 PM #14131
I will try this next week.
- February 8, 2019 at 5:18 PM #14148
I won my first 3 games by less than 10 points. It is really hard, My qb is horrible.
- February 13, 2019 at 6:19 PM #14196
going to assemble a team tonight! this looks like fun and a challenge
- February 13, 2019 at 6:20 PM #14197
hey are we allowed to switch players positions?
- February 14, 2019 at 10:28 PM #14200
Bryant Lynch’s Pick-6 to tie the game early in the 4th qtr
a 52 yard scamper by Marquise Short to give me a 29-22 win over the Ravens in reaseason week 1 definatley was a struggle that i thought i was gonna lose.
good challenging fun
i made an all free agent rookie team… some areas are good but a lack of speed here and there forsure makes it tougher
we shall see soon how they fair in the regular season!
- February 14, 2019 at 10:30 PM #14203
- February 15, 2019 at 12:08 PM #14213
Those are some very interesting stats. You literally ran all over them, the game ball goes to your HB for sure. More rushing than they did passing, what are you feeding that kid? lol.
Glad you’re enjoying the challenge! You’re pretty damn good and that looked like a game that would be all over ESPN Sports Center. What team and location did you go with?
We are going to bring your stats up in our next rebuild video, we’re excited to see how your season all plays out!
- February 15, 2019 at 3:27 PM #14237
i used your big boy set up out cowboy playbook the good old goalline with two lineman in TE slots… and also out of the Strong I aswell. might even convert a line man to FB and see how that works out… get a 340+ Bull to run behind!
thanks again you Rawk. FEED THE PIG!
- February 15, 2019 at 4:03 PM #14240
- February 15, 2019 at 4:41 PM #14255
Hahaha you might want to recruit a sumo wrestler! Let us know how that transition works out. That goal line formation is obviously working out well for you. Are you liking the playbook?
No problem, keep kicking some ass and grow that fan base. #FeedTheDamnPig!
- February 15, 2019 at 8:59 PM #14280
the playbook is interesting indeed. i might have to go find one with y-cross empty but still have my fav run out of strong i slot- hb toss… you can get the ‘poor mans’ version out of a i-form slot – hb toss and motion your FB out but it gives away the play but i reall find that pulling guard to clear alot of the outside pressure and contain inside
maybe a dive into som playbooks might turn something up! 🙂
the converted lineman did not work they are too slow to get ou on streetch plays which slows that play down some… which made my second game way different
i just couldn’t get the running game going. but my defence was on fire!
- February 15, 2019 at 9:01 PM #14282
- February 17, 2019 at 12:38 PM #14286
@martymcsmartyns that is hilarious! The lineman as a FB would be a perfect GIF Haha.
The Eagles are always tough to play against, they’re a different beast for sure. A depressing loss but a great game it looks like. Confidence helps out a lot so when you get your team’s confidence up they will play a lot better as a whole. It looks like you’re going to get your team’s confidence up no problem.
Did you find anything out on a new playbook? How did your GB game go?
- February 17, 2019 at 10:11 PM #14287
pre week 3 match vs the ‘G of the B’
- February 17, 2019 at 10:12 PM #14292
- February 18, 2019 at 11:21 AM #14294
preweek 4 vs the cowboys… gonna get those cheaters(see vid) https://youtu.be/fpp8Wg2t1kc?t=206
i used a new playbook the bills playbook… has my fav two runs both are HB tosses. both give you easy feed back on the pre-snap success on the play and they are in order oh how i like to run
are there too many defenders at the outside of the TE line… and you can audible out of the situation
and we used it pretty well this game 🙂
and Leonard Reese the BigBoy convertered Lineman just punched holes for M. Shorts alll game!
and the defence came up big with 3 Int to win the turnover battle! WIN THE SMEEEEDGE!
FEED THE PIG!
- This reply was modified 2 days, 13 hours ago by MartyMcSmartyns.
- February 19, 2019 at 10:56 AM #14301
- February 19, 2019 at 6:36 PM #14303
You have some really intense games that would be cool to spectate. Your defense is clutch! What defense are you running?
Get to the Sizz Bizz! We plan on posting our next episode soon.
- February 20, 2019 at 12:19 PM #14858
i run detroit’s playbook to have the 3-4, 4-3 flexiblity
about 50% of the time it is 3-4 Odd – Pinch Mike 0 or Pinch Buck 0
– i user the Mike or the Buck LB and take them out of their blitz assignment and have them fall back into a free roamer or bust out wide on run coverage…. only problem is that if the blitz doesn’t get pressure you will get destroyed by alot of 1 on 1’s deep so they will get big plays from time to time.
so i use 3-4 Odd Pinch Dog 3 , Cover 4 QTRS , Cover 4 Drop Show 2 sprinkled in to keep the QB guessing most of my LB’s picks come from this.
and lastly if a team is just running the pigskin every where i will finnally break out the good old….
4-3 Over – Sam Will Blitz and Cover 1 Contain for inside and outside running game respectively… and bascally call up the LB pre game snap menu and blits all LBs or Zone all LBs depending on formations.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.