The Community Madden 22 Wishlist

• The Community Madden 22 Wishlist

Christopher Rose updated 1 week, 2 days ago 9 Members · 9 Posts
  • T4G 

Organizer
    February 2, 2021 at 4:50 PM

Let us and EA know what you would like see in Madden NFL 22 upon release in the comments below.

• Berry27

February 2, 2021 at 9:42 PM

The biggest wish I would say is for EA to pay attention to franchise mode more haha but I would love at least 4 to 5 trading slots. Maybe put back in signing free agency players to longer contracts than just one year.

• ElectronicFarts

February 3, 2021 at 1:12 PM

#MakeFranchiseGreatAgain

I would absolutely love it if they started out by changing the UI. Then I would love to see a more interactive franchise. One like 2K. I want a menu I have to walk around my house to interact with. I want a more personable experience rather than something that feels rushed to put together for an experience that is completely boring and bland. They’ll start with the UI change then claim it’s a brand new franchise mode bla bla bla.

Has anyone noticed how EA has completely changed demeanor when 2K came into the picture? They added The Yard then they’re working on an NCAAF contract to re-open the college football game series. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THERE IS COMPETITION!

• 3times

February 3, 2021 at 4:52 PM

I would love to see a better drafting experience. The one they have now is stale and boring, and Madden loves boring!

• ZachsBackBaby333

February 3, 2021 at 6:41 PM

My wish is for them to do the opposite of whatever they are planning.

• Grogu

February 4, 2021 at 12:04 AM

I didn’t even purchase Madden 21 because nothing changed. They’re going to have to do more than a playoff bracket and a roster update. Add better contract negotiations with other teams where I’m not always stuck with the penalty. This happens in real life for Christ sake.

• baked

February 4, 2021 at 3:00 PM

I wish you guys owned EA instead then maybe we would get better gameplay. The worst thing about madden 21 is their crappy gameplay. The way the players move is too computer like and it seems like the player does not respond well to the sticks.

• apple1

February 6, 2021 at 3:05 PM

Player mode needs to be overhauled it is so dang boring and it could be their best game mode. I know they don’t care about franchise mode but for the love of god at least act like you care. You can’t even participate in the draft you just choose the team you want to be on. Jesus EA pull your head out of your ass aren’t you tired of smelling shitty reviews?

• Christopher Rose

February 18, 2021 at 8:31 AM

I bought Madden 2020 a few months ago after not buying it for probably 5 years, and was pretty disappointed by it. I have a few ideas of how to make it more immersive to appeal at least to myself and people like me.

Bring Back RFAs- I’m certain I remember playing a version of Madden years ago where you had a round of the offseason that pertained to Restricted Free Agents, both re-signing your own, or bidding on another team’s RFA’s, at the cost of your respective draft picks. Bring this back. It’s a real part of an NFL offseason.

Add a round of the offseason which pertains to a more robust UDFA signing period. Perhaps have some ratings revealed with the players in this mode, so you don’t just have a list of 250 UDFA guys that you almost surely never scouted out during the season, so you have a better idea who you can sign. This would make it fun if you’re a team that’s really low in skill and trying to build up their roster to just get bodies into camp. Maybe add some AI intelligence into this mode, so as in real life, an UDFA player will prefer to sign with a team with playing time availability at their position, instead of just signing for $50k extra to be the 7th CB on an already loaded CB room, where he could possibly get on the field as the 3rd CB elsewhere.

Bring back the mini games in Training Camp, where you can progress players based on how well you do in them. The Oklahoma drill for RBs and defenders, the Corner Coffin Kicks, FG Drills, QB Passing Drills, WR Practice, DB Coverage Drills… even the damn hard Block Disengage one where you have to disengage from various OL’s blocks to get the flag behind them. It was really hard and fluky, and unfairly rewarded speed guys over strong slower guys, but at least it was a way to non-randomly develop your players.

Make it so you can sign promising good, young position coaches to your staff and promote them, improve strength and conditioning coaches and medical staff, scouts, pro personnel directors that give you a better chance on whether a Free Agent you’re looking to sign might be ready to make a big jump in skill, or if the highly rated guy you might sign is ready to fall of the earth and you might have an albatross contract in a year.

Just add a tab onto the contract negotiation window where it will show the year by year payout, cap hit if cut before year 2, year 3, etc, of the big FA signing you’re going to bid on, or the player of your own you’re looking to re-sign. Something like what Spotrac does in real life. It gives you an idea what a mess you might make of your cap situation if you’re not careful.

I think it would be pretty cool, too, to be able to grab a classic team and play against another classic team, possibly from different eras (1999-2000 Rams vs 2018-2020 Chiefs), or replay all-time classic games or moments. I remember there was an element of this in the game a long time ago where you could try to replicate Elway’s “The Drive”, etc, but I think this would be pretty cool to bring back. Maybe even a micro-transaction moneymaker for them, to unlock these.

Compensatory picks. They are a big part of the game, when you are getting up against it cap-wise and have a guy up for renewal that you can’t afford, it allows you to be able to stratigize letting them walk, and sign elsewhere, and not signing a free agent that would cancel out your ability to recoup at least a mid-round draft pick in the next year’s draft.

One more, and the one that annoyed me the most with the 2020 game I got, that I thought was a swing and a miss to not include in the game was the ability to roll over cap space from one year to the next. This allows you more cap flexibility, more user control over their team, vs an unrealistic rock hard salary cap that isn’t the reality of the game that they are supposed to be representing.

Sorry that this post was so long, just a few things that were bugging me that would turn Franchise Mode from kind of a weak mode into a surefire must-buy game every August. You would think the NFL would want this, too, as it would educate fans on more of the inner workings of the league, by seeing what happens when you sign a guy to too big of a contract, how you’re able to massage the cap year-to-year based on rollover money, and find guys not only in the draft.

I’ll just keep dreaming.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now