How to Use the Crucifix in Phasmophobia
- OrganizerNovember 19, 2020 at 3:32 PM
You do not get a clear tutorial on how to use the crucifix or other items for that matter. Instead, you have to commit to trial and error, which can be frustrating and cost you money, time, and/or your life. However, what you may be overlooking is the word “prevent” in the objective that states, “Prevent the ghost from hunting using a crucifix”. You need to prevent the ghost from hunting, not stop the ghost from hunting. Maybe you didn’t overlook that word, maybe you just do not know exactly where to place the crucifix. Whatever the reason, we have you covered in this complete Phasmophobia crucifix guide. You will learn what you need to do, what not to do, and two “surefire” methods along with two alternatives to make sure you are accurately placing the crucifix in the right spot.
Phasmophobia: How to Use the Crucifix
We recommend using two crucifixes to take fewer risks. We also recommend that you should hold off from placing your crucifixes down at the beginning of the investigation as the ghost may not always show itself with those crucifixes around. By doing this, you made it easier for you to complete an objective of witnessing a ghost event or taking a photo of the ghost; taking a photo of the ghost is also extra cash in your pocket whether it is an objective or not. With that being said, you do not need a crucifix until you are below 60% sanity, though, the ghost may hunt as high as the upper 70 percentile; we have fallen victim to this phenomena before.
First, you need to find the room where the ghost is located. Then, the ghost will typically spawn within that room and there are telltale signs where the ghost may spawn. You will need to find the ghost’s spawn point within that room for the crucifix to be effective. Once you think you have found the spawn point, place a crucifix at that location. Finding where the ghost is going to spawn is harder the larger the room is. You can learn all about where to find the ghost’s spawn point here.
The only way to use the crucifix is by placing it on the ground before the ghost hunts. A crucifix has a five-meter radius against a Banshee but in general, it has a three-meter radius. We have listed several methods below for you to utilize the crucifix efficiently:
- If the ghost is located in a small room, such as the utility room, then you just need to place a crucifix in the center of the room since the crucifix will most likely cover that entire room. To play it safe you can place two in separate corners of the room. If it is in a bathroom then place two crucifixes down on either side of the room.
- For larger rooms, listen to where the ghost steps and then throw it in that location. Place the other crucifix down near the one you just placed on the ground. Listening to where the ghost steps is the most accurate way for the crucifix to work we have found.
- The crucifix will last for a fairly long while. It can prevent a hunt twice per crucifix. The second stop to an attempted hunt will make the crucifix disappear. Keep in mind that the ghost will typically not spawn in the same place twice; if you are in a smaller room then there isn’t much to worry about where to place the second crucifix.
What NOT to do with a Crucifix:
- Do not throw it at a ghost when the ghost is hunting. This will not work and you will be putting your life in jeopardy.
- Do not hold the crucifix and wait for the ghost to come to you. You will die.
- Do not throw the crucifix down in the path of the ghost when it is hunting. It will not affect the ghost’s hunting mode in any way.
- Do not place the crucifix outside of the room where the ghost is located.
- Do not place a crucifix at the exit because it will not have any effect on the ghost during a hunt.
- Do not place both crucifixes within three to five-meters of each other.
We hope this guide has helped you! If you have any questions or comments then please let us know by commenting below!