What is a good strategy for slow tanks?

• What is a good strategy for slow tanks?

DodderyCribb  updated 5 months ago 2 Members · 5 Posts
  • tankconnoisseur

April 27, 2020 at 2:25 PM

I have the Matilda and it’s so slow that I am late to the battlefield or get into a fight or two and can never make it anywhere else on the map. How do I play in slow tanks? It’s seriously painful. I gain XP so damn slow I swear I’ll never get out of this tank.

• DodderyCribb 

April 27, 2020 at 8:53 PM

First of all, I would like to say keep up the good fight because the Matilda is painful as hell. It makes me want to jump on broken glass face forward after I lit myself on fire. Now, with all that being said, learning how to grind with any tank is extremely situational and there is no blanket statement that I can give. The Matilda is very slow, but it is also extremely armored so you do not have to necessarily follow your teammates. I will give you a quick breakdown of some options you can implement in your strategy.

Where do the Enemies Tend to Go and is it feasible for you?
    In almost every single map the battle usually starts in the same locations. Of course every now and then there will be slight variations on where the enemy team goes but for the most part, it starts in the same locations for each map. It is wise to understand where this “location” is on each map that you are on. This will help you with understanding where the best and most feasible spot is for you to head to. If you just follow the crowd you will more than likely never see much battle unless it’s just you showing up when everyone is already dead.

What do you know about the tank?

The Matilda is painfully slow but that is because it is very armored for a tier IV. Not a lot of barrels can penetrate the Matilda easily and it is a tank the is not just hard to shoot from the front, 360 degrees of the tank has strong armor. With that being said, it is not a tank that you have to have a lot of teammates around you in order for you to beat on enemy tanks. This should make you less scared to go off by yourself slightly and take on some weaker tanks. Obviously do not do this when you are the lower tier by two tiers.

Read the Situation and Take Advantage

If your entire team went one way and you know the enemy team is going to be flowing into your base on the opposite side, move forward to the side that is not being defended to a spot that looks good with some cover and let them come to you. Make yourself a trap, Do not think about surviving all the time, just think about beating and killing as many tanks as you can. You can have a 5% survival percentage but still, kill 2 to 4 tanks each match and block massive amounts of rounds. Which earns you a lot of silver and XP, much more silver and XP than someone who survived 50% of the time but barely ever caused a lot of damage or got any kills and or blocks.

Get aggressive in the Matilda and observe where the enemy likes to go in matches. The Matilda is like a drunk streetfighter that bar hops and looks for a tough guy to beat on.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you need any more help?
    Dodds.

• tankconnoisseur

April 27, 2020 at 9:25 PM

Thank you!! I literally follow the crowd and I barely ever see battle so I am going my own way. Never thought of using my armor to my advantage. So damn obvious. Thanks again I will surely contact you if I need any help

• tankconnoisseur

April 28, 2020 at 2:30 PM

Just want to thank you for those tips!! I had some really good matches because of you so I wanted to share one with you. The Matilda is still a pain in my arsehole though. Wayyy too damn slow.

• DodderyCribb 

April 28, 2020 at 5:37 PM

Glad it helped! That is a pretty good amount of XP and silver from the Matilda.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now