World of Tanks Archer Tank Review – Tier V
- OrganizerFebruary 18, 2020 at 5:09 PM
Archer Tank Review: Is This Tank for You?
We do not recommend this British sniper to anyone. This is not a keeper and it’s one of the worst tanks in the game. If anyone says there are not bad tanks, only bad drivers, then they have not played with the Archer. Keep in mind you can get to the Tier X FV4005 by going the Sherman III route instead of going this route. If you want to go through the Archer’s route, we will walk you through on how to best accomplish this.
Purpose of the Archer:
The purpose of the Archer in World of Tanks is to not ever be used. This tank is meant to be driven backward, yes, backward. It’s a shadow sniper that can use its good barrel to kill enemies from a distance, that is, once it turns around.
Stat Breakdown When Fully Upgraded:
Upgrade to get: SP 17pdr Archer Mk. IC* – You can unlock the third upgrade with zero XP after you unlock the second upgrade.
- Hit Points: 360
- Horsepower: 192
- Power Ratio: 11.84 hpt
- Fire Chance: 15%
- Top Forward: 12km/h (7.46mph)
- Top Reverse: 32km/h (19.88mph)
- Penetration: 171/239/38
- Damage: 150/150/190
- Rounds per Minute: 12.77
- Reload Time: 4.70 seconds
- Aim Time: 2.30 seconds
- Accuracy at 100m: 0.36
- Maximum Range: 720m
- Maximum Elevation: 15 degrees
- Maximum Depression: 7.50 degrees
- Rotation Speed: 19 degrees
- Terrain Resistance: 0.7, 0.7, 1.7
- There is no mounted turret.
- Traverse Speed: 32 degrees/second
- View Range: 360m
- Signal Range: 550m
- Good barrel
- Has good accuracy from a distance
- Can reverse quickly
- Absolutely dreadful top forward speed – 12km/h (7.46mph)
- Armor is paper-thin
- Gun placed backward
- Waste of money
When talking about the Archer in World of Tanks the cons far outweigh the pros. The design of this tank was a mess and should never be used unless you absolutely have to. All this tank is, is a barrel and it’s not even on the correct side of the tank.
Archer Tank Report:
- Artillery Attention: Low priority
- Request Fire Attention: Medium chance
- Armor Strength: Below satisfactory
- Barrel Strength: Meets satisfactory
- Speed/Elusiveness: Below satisfactory
- Size and Power: Below satisfactory
- Upgrade Speed: Below satisfactory
- Overall Threat: Below satisfactory
Archer Strategy Breakdown:
When playing with the Archer we recommend driving backward to your destination because the top forward speed is painfully slow at 12km/h (7.46mph), Driving backward at 32km/h (19.88mph) makes things a lot easier. Make sure you know exactly where to go on the map and stay in the shadows as much as possible. One good thing about driving backward is if you have to retreat and you get tracked, you’re already facing the enemy.
For the mapping strategy on the Archer, you need to act like everyone on the enemy side can see you. Before moving up to another spot, check the map to see if it is safe. If you are in a city map, stay behind your teammates and go with the largest group of them. In an open field map, stay in the shadows and use your good barrel to get you as much XP and silver as possible.
The Archer overall is plagued by bad design. You will not last long or even see battle if this tank is used properly, so use it improperly and drive backward. Never use this as a keeper unless you want to get a laugh out of your friends. Who knows, after playing with this tank for a while maybe it will teach you to be the best at driving backward. We recommend this tank for killing gophers on a golf course.
Shells for the Archer:
Just stick with the standard Armor-Piercing APCBC MK. 8T shells and make sure you have 31 of them which costs 175 silver.
To help this tank as much as possible you need to make sure all of your bases are covered. Once you use one or more supplies per match you will get charged for what they cost, otherwise, you will not be charged. Make sure your auto resupply is checked on the bottom left of the consumables box otherwise you will have to manually resupply them yourself after every match. You can change these at any time in the garage if you want to play around with what works for you. You can add two of the same supplies per slot.
- Small Repair Kit costs 3,000 silver. This is to help with broken tracks or other broken modules.
- Small First Aid Kit costs 3,000 silver. This is for healing anyone of your crewmen.
- Manual Fire Extinguisher costs 3,000 silver. This is to put out a fire caused by enemy penetration. Even though a 20% fire chance may not sound like too high of a chance, it’s better safe than sorry.
Archer Crew (Skills and Perks):
Do not waste your time with this because you shouldn’t have the tank for that long…hopefully not. If you end up getting a perk, put sixth sense on so you know when to retreat backward, which you can effectively do.
Recommended Archer Equipment:
Do not waste your money on this tank.
Log in to reply.