World of Tanks O-I Exp. Tank Review – Tier V
- OrganizerFebruary 18, 2020 at 4:40 PM
O-I Exp Tank Review: Is This Tank for You?
If you like being the biggest on the battlefield when you’re the top tier in a match, having the ability to ram tanks for a kill, and also having the capability to one-shot tanks then we recommend this behemoth for you.
Purpose of the O-I Exp.:
We classify this tank as a heavy sniper due to the powerful barrel. It is designed to lead the charge when it’s top tier and snipe when it’s not. This tank was designed for creating massive amounts of damage.
Stat Breakdown When Fully Upgraded:
Upgrade to get: O-I Experimental Kai
- Horsepower: 1200
- Power Ratio: 12hpt
- Fire Chance: 20%
- Top Forward: 40km/h (24.85mph)
- Top Reverse: 12km/h (7.46mph)
- Penetration: 130/150/53
- Damage: 300/300/360
- Rounds per Minute: 6
- Reload Time: 10 seconds
- Aim Time:2.80 seconds
- Accuracy at 100m: 0.41
- Maximum Range: 720m
- Maximum Elevation: 20 degrees
- Maximum Depression: 10 degrees
- Rotation Speed: 22 degrees/second
- Terrain Resistance: 1, 1.1, 1.8
- Turret Armor: 75/75/75
- Traverse Speed: 22 degrees/second
- View Range: 360m
- Signal Range: 425m
O-I Exp. Pros:
- Strongest barrel in its tier
- Can handle its own against a tier higher
- Good mobility for a heavy tank
- Good map mobility
- Great ramming capabilities
- Scares enemies due to overall threat
O-I Exp. Cons:
- Easy target due to size
- Has high artillery attention and fire request attention
- Ammunition rack is located at the front of the tank
- Armor is not angled enough so barrels with good penetration can go through it
The pros far outweigh the cons when talking about this giant shoe box looking tank. This tank is a true game-changer and will even scare other O-I Exp.’s. Anyone who gets shot by this tank will know really fast if it’s fully upgraded. We consider this tank the tier V Death Star.
O-I Exp. Tank Report:
- Artillery Attention: High chance
- Request Fire Attention: High chance
- Armor Strength: Above satisfactory
- Barrel Strength: Legendary
- Speed/Elusiveness: Above satisfactory
- Size and Power: Above satisfactory
- Upgrade Speed: Quick
- Overall Threat: Legendary
O-I Exp. Strategy Breakdown:
When playing against the same tier we recommend leading the charge while keeping near some form of cover. The reason for that is because you have high artillery attention and request for fire attention. Many tanks will be shooting at you even though there are teammates next to you. Angling your armor will help combat this but not enough to keep shots from completely bouncing. The armor is pretty balanced so if a small tank is bouncing shots off of you and that smaller tank gets behind you while there are more threatening tanks in front of you then just keep straight and don’t worry about the smaller tank.
However, the O-I Exp. is a wait and aim of tank with a reload time of 10 seconds and only fires 6 rounds per minute, so take your time and get it right. If an enemy tank is close enough to ram then utilize that opportunity while firing. Using the combination of ramming and shooting will destroy the enemy a lot faster. On another note, keep in mind that the gun depression is good on this tank so you are able to shoot from hills.
Furthermore, tanks like the AT-2 have good armor, so if you’re struggling with penetrating the Captain’s Cap and are close enough to ram it then you should do so. Ramming it once plus firing the Captain’s Cap twice will destroy a full health AT-2.
If you’re playing higher tiers we recommend turning into a sniper. Although the armor is above satisfactory, leading the charge in a tier VI and VII match will get you killed. You have a strong enough barrel to sit behind your team and give assistance with kills and damaging the enemy. Find a good spot with cover to combat artillery or just stay behind the firing line and fire away.
Stay away from open fields if possible. Any good artillery will be looking for you and so will every big barreled enemy tank. Maps that have a large number of buildings are always a good option for cover. You can also shoot from hills because of the good gun depression (10 degrees) but don’t make it too much of a habit.
Furthermore, the reverse speed is rough so don’t put yourself in a position where reversing is the only escape because it will end badly, quickly. The O-I Exp. has good map mobility so you are able to play with a few options or go to your comfortable spots on the map.
The O-I Exp. is a beast tier V tank in World of Tanks. We will go as far as saying the best tier V tank. We highly recommend keeping this tank as a money tank due to how much it makes on average for most players. If used right you will truly love this tank.
Shells for the O-I Exp.:
We do not recommend High-Explosive rounds.
- We recommend 90 of the Armor Piercing APHE Type 95 at 250 silver per shell. You won’t nearly get the chance to use that many but you’ll have more if aliens come.
- Do not get premium rounds for this tank because it is not necessary and you will lose out on earning more money at the end of the match. If you just use the standard Armor Piercing APHE Type 95 rounds then you will be just fine.
O-I Exp. Supplies:
The following are supplies we recommend for the O-I Exp. Once you use one or more supplies per match you will get charged for what they cost otherwise, you will not be charged. Make sure your auto resupply is checked on the bottom left of the consumables box otherwise you will have to manually resupply them yourself after every match. You can change these at any time in the garage if you want to play around with what works for you. You can add two of the same supplies per slot.
- Small Repair Kit costs 3,000 silver. This is to help with broken tracks or other broken modules.
- Small First Aid Kit costs 3,000 silver. This is for healing anyone of your crewmen.
- Manual Fire Extinguisher costs 3,000 silver. This is to put out a fire caused by enemy penetration. Even though a 20% fire chance may not sound like too high of a chance, it’s better safe than sorry.
O-I Exp. Crew (skills and perks):
The following perks and skills we recommend as a high priority.
- Deadeye: We recommend this to help with the barrel the O-I Exp. has. Deadeye increases the chance to cause critical damage to enemy vehicles, modules, and crew.
- Sixth Sense: Sixth Sense enables the commander to identify whether your tank has been detected by the enemy ahead of the original detection perk. This will help with any ambushes you may be vulnerable giving you a head start to back away before anything detrimental happens.
- Clutch Braking: This will help with increasing your tank rotation speed and your turret rotation speed, which helps when enemy tanks are circling you or try to get to the side of you.
- Repairs: This is a skill that accelerates repairs to damaged modules. Getting this skill with the Toolbox equipment makes Repairs more effective.
Recommended O-I Exp. Equipment:
The following are the three pieces of equipment we recommend for the O-I Exp. You will use equipment in every match but you will never get charged an extra fee for repairs. Keep in mind that you cannot sell the equipment without gold which requires actual money, so once you get equipment, make sure you will be happy with it if using real money is not in your wheelhouse. You can only add one piece of equipment per slot.
- Large-Caliber tank Gun Rammer: This is 500,000 in silver. This is what we recommend because it knocks off 10% of the loading time, which will help you get kills faster.
- Enhanced Gun layout Drive: This is 500,000 in silver. This is what we recommend to help improve the barrel even further by adding 10% to aiming speed.
- Tool Box: This is 500,000 in silver. This is what we recommend because of how likely it is that you will be shot in the tracks. This helps combat broken tracks by adding 25% to repair speed.
Log in to reply.